Friday, January 9, 2009

Because "People You May Know" sounds nicer than "People You Don't Like"

Sorry King, but I'm jonesing for a Whopper and well, you just didnt make the cut. If I can be honest for a minute... it was the jersey.

This week has already produced a couple of mash-ups of some of Schiff Happens' favorite things in this world, but the latest such combination might also be the greatest.
First, Schiff Happens' dual loves of New Jersey and fitted fashion meet in beautiful, color-coordinated harmony. Then, hip hop meets cartoons (with a little dash of Carlton Dance for good measure). Now, there's this just in from the makers of everyone's favorite eau de beef: Burger King's "Whopper Sacrifice" facebook application, which combines my love of flame-broiled BK perfection with my passion for constantly trimming the proverbial fat from the old facebook friends list. Eliminating already-borderline-acquaintances-at-best from your virtual neighborhood, plus a free Whopper? These are a few of my favorite things...

Update: Sadly, there seem to be a few bugs in the Whopper Sacrifice system. I can only assume this is due to massive traffic, because really, who wants all those friends? Let's be honest here, questionable facebook friend. We've been keeping you around all this time because we'd just feel bad if you ever found out that you got the ax. It's just, well, up until now nobody offered us a Whopper in exchange for your feelings. We may have grudgingly accepted your friend request, but as soon as BK works out the kinks, you're as good as french fried. That's called having it your way, sucker. Now get back there and get me a WHOPPER!

Update #2: I was able to get this thing up and running and was having so much fun watching familiar facebook pics of people I don't even know literally go up in flames at the altar of the (Burger) King, that I decided to fully go through with it and claim my Whopper prize as today's lunch. Sadly, the fun of my Whopper Sacrifice came screeching to a halt once I axed friend #10, as I was asked to fill out a form and then told that my free Whopper coupon would be mailed to me...within 2-4 weeks! I'm more than a little bummed out at the moment, but I have a feeling I'll be excited a month from now when I've forgotten all about this and that envelope shows up holding my golden ticket to The King's domain.

1 comment:

wyclef1 said...

I met with Facebook today apparently the Whopper Sacrifice application violated terms of use with Facebook and the creative agency has or will be pulling the plug on the application. Just a little inside scoop.