Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Power Drive: Live Green Day Bootlegs

Because every Monday inevitably requires a rockin power drive to push you through at some point, I had to share this awesome Green Day live bootleg, courtesy of TheFrontloader.com. I make sure to rock out to a little Green Day at some point every day, but even if you don't enjoy freaking out passers-by and fellow subway riders with angry scowls and wild headbanging while doing your best Billy Joe impression, it's still quite the joyride to hear them tear through a set of their power chord-driven, hard-charging millenial youth anthems.

Some time, long ago, when Blink-182 announced their reunion and Seth Green fans everywhere rejoiced, it was speculated that they'd be opening for Green Day on tour this summer. While it's probably too much to ask that both get added to the Bonnaroo bill (although I'll continue to hold out hope that at least one honors my request), the possibility of jumping up and down while pumping fists to Green Day under a summer sunset like I'm 13 again is more than sufficient consolation. Green Day's new album, "21st Century Breakdown," is due out May 15, and the title track has already leaked and subsequently been pulled off of countless blogs by Warner Brothers. This concert bootleg is my attempt at an apology for not giving you guys a chance to hear said track as soon as I did. I enjoyed it, but if you didn't get a chance to listen to it, please don't take my word for it, as Rolling Stone and many others will undoubtedly do a better job describing it than I can. For chrissakes, I'm a sarcastic amateur blogger, not a professional film and television actor.

Rock on, Schiff Happens. More music later as we continue the march... of war! to Bonnaroo.

No comments: