Monday, March 16, 2009

Walking in a central park [fresh air]

Unless you've been suffering from short-term memory loss, you'll recall that I took myself on a walk around central park yesterday to awaken myself from hibernation a little bit. Upon emerging from my den, I immediately found myself involved in my first attempt at amateur bird-watching. I followed this little rascal down a path and got as close as I could to his perch.

Not a spectacular pic by any means, but not bad for a first attempt, I think.

I got to cross one more item off the Murray Hewitt Bandshell tour of New York City when I stopped to watch some kids lining up soccer shots at a goalie waiting on the stage of the Naumberg Bandshell. Scenes at Naumburg Bandshell were featured in Hair, I'm Not Rappaport, Breakfast at Tiffanys and Mighty Aphrodite. Are you listening, Jemaine?



This guy came over and jumped in for just one shot, and he made it count.



I believe this move is from the original Street Fighter arcade game.



Venturing on, I happened past this disturbing chalk drawing of some sort of squid-like creature that belongs the credits of Superbad.

If you look closely you'll see the phrase, "OH HAI!" beside the creature, which actually makes this monstrosity the elusive Giant LOLsquid.

funny pictures of cats with captions

As I came around a bend in the path, the mellow, acoustic ambiance of Bon Iver quickly gave way to Central Park Roller Soul Train. This part of the walking tour is best accompanied by a the mashup mastery of Bonnaroo artist Girl Talk. And there's your countdown, kids -- 86 days! Cheeky bastard.






Ironically, it takes years of practice to master this incredibly useless skill. But whatever keeps you dancin' man.



At the end of my trek I ultimately snapped what were probably the best pictures of the outing.

Congratulations, you've made it through Monday. The week is officially underway, which means the weekend can't be far off. Godspeed.

No comments: