Sunday, March 15, 2009

Like a groundhog coming out of hibernation [bonnaroo countdown]

Today was what March in New York is supposed to feel like. Balmy, but not cold, bluish, but not cloudless sky. A perfect day to begin to emerge from the long, frigid odyssey that is winter in the City with a brisk Sunday stroll through Central Park. My music of choice for the occasion was Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago -- a fitting choice, given that it was composed during a three month hibernation in a remote cabin in Wisconsin.

Bon Iver is one of many new artists in this year's Bonnaroo lineup that I have heard great things about but haven't really gotten into yet. The abundance of artists fitting into this category is one of the things about the festy that I'm most excited about.

I'll be interested to see how he brings his sound to the stage, but for now I can definitely endorse it for people- and amateur bird-watching walks at the first real hint of spring.


Bon Iver -- For Emma, Forever Ago

Unrelated completely -- watching Flight of the Conchords makes me really hope that they end up on the Bonnaroo ticket as a comedy act. It makes too much sense for it not to happen. If they're already scheduled to play elsewhere that weekend, go ahead and let me know, but I don't believe they are.

No comments: