Monday, January 19, 2009

The curious case of King James (the conclusion)

I feel like I gotta apologize for basically taking the weekends off around here. That's not really my intention, although I'm going to claim a free pass for this weekend because I had to head out of town and come back home for the most unfortunate of reasons. Still, my apologies for being lazy on the weekends. In the future I'll pick up the slack, and I'll start with right now since I'm off and at least 2 to 3 of you are stuck at work.

First off, I wanted to get to this item: the exciting sort of anticlimactic conclusion to the saga of LeBron's big "announcement," which we've been following here for a minute. I don't know why anyone would have actually thought that LBJ was about to make a real-life blockbuster of an announcement, either based on that first YouTube "Brace Yourself" video, which was all of 16 seconds long and super vague, or the leaked photos of him in a Browns uni, which to me were very obviously taken from a commercial set (hello giant green screens?). Either way, the actual spot leaked on the internet some time Thursday/Friday night, and I guess as of yesterday it's officially on TV (although I have yet to see it), so finally, if you still care, here it is in all its glory: LeBron's new State Farm commercial. Unlike The King himself, it probably won't live up to the hype.

No comments: